Restaurants continue to struggle with labor issues in the post-pandemic era. According to a recent National Restaurant Association survey, 62% of restaurant operators state they do not have the required staff to support current customer demands. High churn rates and staffing shortages often cause operational disruptions, leading to long service times, lower guest satisfaction, and ultimately, loss in revenues. In this challenging environment, employee efficiency has become even more paramount. The last thing you want as a restaurant operator is to set up your front-of-house employees with a POS that hampers your employees’ ability to deliver a frictionless guest experience.
When choosing a POS partner, it is crucial that you pick a system that is customizable and user-friendly. With a customizable solution, you can tailor the system to fit your specific operational needs and offer up an intuitive interface to minimize the employee learning curve. This combination enables you to quickly streamline operations and enhance employee efficiency. And this leads to an elevated guest experience.
PAR Brink POS is the leading cloud-based POS system that addresses all these needs. Brink POS sets your staff up for success from day one with an all-in-one, flexible solution that makes morning rushes, dinner rushes, and everything in between refreshingly uncomplicated.
Tailored to Your Unique Brand Needs
Brink takes a consultative approach with customers to take the guesswork out of POS configurations. Whether restaurants want one of our out-of-box templates or their own custom layouts and processes, Brink POS adapts to give brands full control.
- With Brink, menu screens are completely customizable. Restaurants can choose from a range of colors, fonts, images, icons, formats, and placements. The final output is purpose-built to look and feel like the brand, which increases employee comfort and helps reduce turnover.
- Brink’s menu engineering enables restaurants to easily build and organize menus, categories, and sub-categories to accurately match their specific offerings. Managers have complete control over how they define and reflect menu item names and descriptions, modifiers, pricing, and offer rules. This flexibility enables staff members to navigate menus in a familiar and organized manner, creating a seamless ordering experience for both employees and guests.
- Customization allows restaurants to configure the system to match their existing workflows. Employees can continue to follow the familiar order-taking, table management, and payment processes they are accustomed to, rather than having to learn entirely new procedures.
Brink’s design empowers brands like Salsarita’s to reduce the time that employees spend navigating unnecessary steps, boosting their efficiency. According to Tim Carter, Salsarita’s CFO, “PAR’s Brink POS was the ﬁrst product we deployed due to the simplicity of the user interface and the ﬂexibility of the design.”
Usability to Save Valuable Time
- Brink POS’s intuitive interface is easy to use and reduces employee training times. Brink’s clear, logical design allows staff members to process orders with minimal screen touches. Employees can make modifications quickly without ever having to leave the main order screen, in turn saving them crucial time. Employees are trained and ready to go in less than 30 minutes!
- Brink’s design also optimizes the mix between conversational and automatic ordering. Features such as dynamically included modifiers allow cashiers to build orders as spoken by the guest, enabling them to make changes on the fly without interrupting the natural flow of conversation. These features improve order accuracy and speed of service, ensuring guests can change their mind without burdening the cashier.
- Brink can also be used on tablets and other handheld devices, providing employees with mobility and flexibility. During rush hours, staff members can take orders at the table or along the queue, process payments on the spot, and handle guest requests without being tied to a terminal. This leads to efficient service, reduced wait times, and better personal interactions between guests and staff, ultimately enhancing the overall guest experience.
At Tom’s Watch Bar, “servers like the more efficient ordering interface in Brink POS,” explained Daniel Doyle, Tom’s Watch Bar Director of Technology. “They can instantly see menu changes, and orders are routed to the proper make-prep station. Rushes are less disruptive, and a spike in volume is no longer a guest service or technical headache.”
A restaurant brand’s POS should make staff members’ daily tasks easier rather than complicating them. A flexible and user-friendly POS will help limit downtimes, improve customer wait times, increase order accuracy, and maintain consistency across the various channels and service locations.
Brink POS empowers employees to spend more time running the business and less time learning how to use the system. With Brink POS, restaurant brands can transform their front-of-house into a frictionless and customer-centric environment.
Learn more about PAR Brink POS or request a demo today!